San Diego Divorce Mediation Team
It can be very difficult to keep your life together while trying to make rational decisions about how to handle your divorce.
If you find you have too much to deal with, divorce mediation may help.
At the law offices of James D. Scott, Certified Family Law Specialist, San Diego divorce mediation lawyer James D. Scott and our skilled legal team are dedicated to providing quality representation in divorce mediation and other family law matters throughout San Diego and Southern California. Board Certified Family Law Specialist James D. Scott has more than 30 years of experience. Our team is a respected choice for clients who are seeking expert assistance.
My mediation services help people who are facing a divorce stay out of court. Mediation is a voluntary settlement process emphasizing informed decision-making and mutually acceptable agreements.
- The difference between mediating an entire divorce and going to family court is the difference between finding an agreement-based transition versus an order-based end.
- People would rather find their own solution than go to court and have a judge order them to do something.
- People would rather share information than respond to demands and be cross-examined.
- Many states require that the husband and wife go to mediation for the entire case. In California the law requires only that they mediate child custody and visitation arrangements.
- Statistics show that sixty percent (60%) of these disputes may be resolved in mediation.
Mediation begins with an agreement that each spouse shall not file a lawsuit against the other spouse. Mediation concludes with an informed agreement on the future.